Image: CC0 Public Domain – Pixabay.com
Father God, I acknowledge that I am involved in a spiritual battle… that daily the Enemy of my soul seeks to steal the Word of God from me, to undermine the pillars and foundation of truth with respect to my salvation. I therefore prepare myself in readiness by putting on the whole armour of God. Right now, I am declaring victory over Satan, recognising that the weapons of my warfare are not carnal but mighty through you to the pulling down of strongholds.
- I put on the GIRDLE OF TRUTH to protect my loins. Help me to stand firm in the truth of your Word, so that I will not be a victim of Satan’s lies.
- I put on the BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS. Thank you Lord God that your righteousness has not only been imputed to me but also vindicates me.
- I put on the SHOES OF PEACE and I ask Holy Spirit that you help me to stand firm against the Enemy’s attacks and to stand confidently in the Peace of God that transcends all understanding.
- I take the SHIELD OF FAITH and am thus prepared to quench Satan’s fiery darts of despair, doubt and false accusation, so that I am not vulnerable to defeat, fear or mental oppression.
- I put on my HELMET OF SALVATION. Help me Lord to keep my mind focussed on you, so that Satan will not gain a stronghold within my thought life.
- Finally, I take hold of the SWORD OF THE SPIRIT, which is the Word of God. Holy Spirit, I ask that you enable me to use this 2-edged sword effectively, so that I can discern the voice of the Enemy, counter his attacks and protect myself from demonic ambush.
By faith, I declare that I will not become a prey of Satan’s schemes, snares and strategies. I declare that I am adequately protected to take my place on the battlefield of prayer. I am also fully equipped to reign in whatever circumstance I face today, through Christ Jesus. Amen.
(This prayer declaration is based on Ephesians 6:10-18. You are welcome to print a copy for your personal use)